Hello readers! Nice to have you back again to our Lifestyle Thursday! Today is our last post from THE DIABETES BREAKTHROUGH. This excerpt is all about breakfast choices and menu examples. So, if you’re reading this choice and haven’t ate breakfast yet, maybe try one of the options below!
BREAKFAST MENU CHOICES AND EXAMPLES
Averages for Breakfast Choices
Total Calories: 300
Breakfast Menu Examples
- ½ cup dry oatmeal or 1 oatmeal packet plus 1 ½ tablespoons peanut butter or 3 tablespoons chopped nuts.
- 1 whole wheat English muffin or 2 slices whole wheat toast (avg. 80 calories per slice) or 1 small whole wheat bagel (2 ounces) with 1 ½ tablespoons peanut butter.
- 1 whole wheat English muffin or 2 slices whole wheat toast (avg. 80 calories per slice) or 1 small whole wheat bagel (2 ounces) with 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese.
- 1 whole wheat English muffin or 2 slices whole wheat toast (avg. 80 calories per slice or 1 small whole wheat bagel (2 ounces) with 1 egg or ½ cup egg beaters and 1 slice low-fat / light cheese and 1 teaspoon trans fat – free spread such as Smart Balance ® or 2 teaspoons light trans fat-free spread such as Smart Balance Light ®.
- 2 whole wheat waffles with ¼ cup sugar-free syrup and 2 teaspoons light spread or 1 teaspoon regular spread and 1 low fat-chicken sausage or 2 ounces Canadian bacon.
- 6 ounces light or plain yogurt with 1 fruit serving and 3 tablespoons chopped nuts.
- 1 slice whole wheat toast with 1 ½ tablespoons peanut butter and ½ medium-to-large banana
- Diabetes-friendly meal replacement shake: Boost Glucose Control ® Boost Calorie Smart ® or Glucerna Hunger Smart ® with 1 tablespoon nuts and 1 fruit serving.
Thank you for joining me on this Lifestyle Thursday! Of course as mentioned previously, this is our last excerpt from THE DIABETES BREAKTHROUGH! If you loved what you saw in the excerpts over the past 6 weeks, then I suggest picking up the book! If it’s made it on my book shelf, then it’s worthy of yours! I’m happy to see I already do some of these things that are in the book, but I’m also happy I’ve learned new healthy tips to try and incorporate into my life! If you missed any of the past 5 posts, don’t worry just head on over to our LIFESTYLE section, where you will see all of the posts in order from oldest to newest! If you enjoyed these excerpts, let us know so we can plan more for you! Don’t forget tomorrow is our Freestyle Friday and I will have a really cool post all about Earth Day! Something you don’t want to miss!